Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Blanket Blog - Finally Updating My Blog Again!


As you all have heard in my previous Blog posts, I am an Intern at Jackson Free Press . I am really enjoying my time here and I am pretty sad that my time here is finished on July 12th. 

We have ALOT going on in the office but most of it is fun, exciting, education, or a mixture of all of these.

There was an "educational" session where the staff learned about different Beers and had a tasting for example! They competed in a taste off with Raise Your Pints Mississippi. It was a lot of fun and everyone had a good time. 
Raise Your Pints Mississippi Glass




My boss Kristin enjoying the tasting.
I bought myself a "work aid" last week also. This slinky is now my buddy when I need something to do with my hands but I don't have anything else to do with them.

My New Slinky
On a Side Note, While at work last week I was researching the work NERD and I found out where it was thought to have originated. From none other than the Genius Word Smith Himself Dr. Seuss. 

The first documented use of the word Nerd is in the 1950 Dr. Seuss story, If I Ran the Zoo, in which a boy named Gerald McGrew made a large number of delightfully extravagant claims as to what he would do, if he were in charge at the zoo. Among these was that he would bring a creature known as a Nerd from the land of Ka-Troo.

The page from If I Ran The Zoo that contains the first documented use of the word NERD

As much as I LOVE going to JFP every Monday - Thursday, My favorite time of the week is when I get to go to Cleveland, MS and spend time with my husband. I miss him a lot when I am not there and I can't wait for July 12th so I can be there with him full time again.

It's fun just to do everyday things together when I go back Friday-Sunday. Such As:

Get Jeremy A New Haircut

Go watch the soccer game while we eat at Airport Grocery

Hangout at home and relax in our PJs
(yes he actually does this)
 Also, setting up all of our wedding gifts in their proper places.
Put our new Towls in the bathroom

Set up our wedding sand on our dresser

Sometimes not so everyday things are going on. Such As ANOTHERFEST, where our friends Dandy and The Lions were playing at MS Grounds a week ago!
Dandy and the Lions @ MS Grounds

Dandy and the Lions @ MS Grounds

Well, That is about it for all of the Backed Up information that I wanted to share for the past couple weeks! Now for TODAY!

I wanted to share a couple of my favorite things:

BRAIDS - If you know me at all you know I am fickle about my hair. I can never decide how I like it but lately I have been really into braids. A simple braid can make you feel so fancy OR beachy OR (something else)y. You get my point. So today I was feeling a little beachy casually, so I did this. 

My Simple Braided Hair
Now, I feel like I did a little more to look nice for work but it didn't take that long and on the plus side it keeps my hair out of my face!

OWLS - I love owls. This is because my Great Grandmother collected them and most of her collection has been passed on to me but they are such fascinating creatures and I just wanted to share this little GIF of and owl that I find hilarious. 



I hope that made you all laugh and that you enjoyed the post for today. Please Comment/Share anything you read here, especially the fun fact about the word NERD! I guess you could say NERD is our Word of the Day! :)

Thanks for reading,
                           Alanna



No comments:

Post a Comment