Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Good Gad, That's Good! (and other adventures)

LAST WEEK:


I Got A New Record Player


My Book Shelf is All Set Up Now
So, I am finally all moved back to my apartment in Cleveland! Our friend Renee helped me get my book shelf and my new record player back here. I have my bookshelf all set up. However, I am still searching or a perfect little table to set up my record player/ radio system before I attach the speakers to the walls! :)






The Things We Saw
While Geocachingfdsa
While Renee was here we also went to do something that none of us has done in a while. We went geocaching. It was fund dn we got to see a lot of cool things around Cleveland. 












Us Leaving For The Movie
The Pretty Weather On The
Ride Up To Southaven
Both of these pictures are from us going to go see The Amazing Spiderman! It was a fun trip even though Jeremy FORGOT OUR ETICKETS at home. Thank god I had them saved to my phone and the theatre used the codes right off of my emailed PDF. Technology is amazing. 







I Played Muchkin
For the First Time

Another exciting thing happened a week ago today! Jeremy's best friend moved here! He is going to be attending Delta State with us in the fall and we are so happy to have him close to us. ALSO, We wen to hang out with Jeremy's Little & Grand Little of PMA Sinfonia. (Jeremy's Little is now his best friends new room mate!) And They all got me to play Munchkin! I must say. I am hooked. I now have to have EVERY VERSION of this game. 






My iPad and Macbook
Pro are Totoroed Up!



Also, the cool vinyl decals I got for my iPad and Macbook Pro came in the mail. They are "iTotoroed" now. :) And yes. That is a REAL THING!









Our FREE TICKETS to
the Midnight Showing of
 The Dark Knight Rises



Another exciting thing happened last week on thursday morning. I Won Free Tickets To The Midnight of The Dark Knight Rises in Vicksburg. So that meant that we got to go home for the night! Luckily Jeremy was off until 4 the next day so we could go.

We went home and did ALOT of laundry and then we got our tickets from the radio station. THANKS RIVER 101!











Beth Wins At The Art Show

The Southern Cultural Heritage Center
My Cousin Beth was in her first Art Show That night before The Midnight Premiere so we went to the Southern Cultural Heritage Center To the Award Ceremony to support her! Here she is with all of her awards! Both of her pieces got FIRST PLACE! Way to go Beth!












When We got ready to come back to Cleveland, Todd didn't want us to go. :(
Todd Wants Some Attention



















THIS WEEK(so far):

We Took Our Friends
To Dockery Farms




Our Friends decided to come up and spend the day with us yesterday. John, Jessica and their kids, Jesslyn & Joseph, came and we went out to lunch and went Geocaching. We even took some photos at one of the geocache locations, Dockery Farms. Even though we couldn't find that Geocache it was A LOT of fun.











Well, That's about it for what I did but I HAVE updated all of my "What I'm" pages along the top of the blog if you want to se what i'm reading, watching, etc. :)






NOW FOR THE GOOD GAD THAT'S GOOD:
I have something very special to talk about. I found something that I am VERY excited about and want to share with all of you.


I found out about this magazine, GadChick ! It is a free magazine that has all kinds of Geekery and Techy stuff in it and as the title emplies it is written by CHICKS! How awesome is that! I have really learned to appreciate the hard work that goes into something like this from working at Jackson Free Press for the past couple of months and gad chick is on its way to being HUGE in the publications. The content is great and the look and feel has a handmade/artsy vibe to it that I think people will really enjoy. If you don't believe me just check out these awesome COVERS!




























Gadchick is available in the app store on iDevices and on their website! Check them out! There is even a section to submit content, which I might try to do soon! :)


Thanks of Reading,
                    Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment